We took you to Santa's Village today - a resurrected version but still reminiscent of the park I adored as a child.
You are less than 3 but happy and excited to go on any ride in the place - even the balloon ride that went like 25 ft in the air.
You are not always so, but today you were fearless...and brave...and full of joy. We went up high, we spun too fast, and all I could do was watch your face, amazed and delighted at the lack of terror I found there.
You had your face painted for the first time today: you weren't afraid of that either, and marched around proudly peering through glitter- crusted rainbow butterfly eyes. Other parents couldn't help but smile as you passed.
You almost gave ME a heart attack a couple of times today- almost too brave, too willing to walk ahead and leave me behind but I expect I will be saying that quite a bit in the next 20 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment