Sunday, August 7, 2011

Beautiful words

My sweet little Sydney, how you are growing.  Today your baby brother Tyler was baptized and is 8 weeks old and tomorrow is his two month old birthday.  In a few short weeks my maternity leave ends.  The time I have with you is so precious and you are saying such wonderful things.

You say 'girls' with an old little twist that throws in the cutest pronunciation pattern - it sounds a bit like "gails".  You say "Oh, good gaaiill mommy" like you are terribly proud of me when I do something you like and say 'Oh!  That's good!"  You say cute things like "that makes my heart so very happy", one-up me on the "I love you more than" game, and tell me I am your best friend.  You call yourself a "big girl baby" and are the most amazing creature I have ever encountered.  Even when the words you say are parroted from TV shows you steal my heart.

You are part diva, part clown and part drama queen, and have a vocabulary that puts other toddlers to shame.  You are almost potty trained but refuse to go poop in the toilet; you put on your own shoes, you are fiercely independent but also amazingly affectionate and loving.  You adore your new little brother even as I see you fighting to maintain what you see as your place in my arms. 

You are 2 years and 10 months old Sydney Grace.  Today I read to you Ty's copy of "On the Day You Were Born" and I cried.  The day you were born, I began to learn a brand new kind of music that is uniquely you.  I can't help but try to sing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment